GOALS: Cycle 5 2017
Oct 9– Dec 17, 2017
The progressions for this cycle include:
• Headstand Push-ups for reps, including progression for those who can’t do any yet
• Military press building to a 2 Rep Max test
• Heavy Back squats, building to a 3 Rep Max test
• Single leg squats, including progression for those who can’t do any yet
• Strict Pull-ups/weighted pull-ups, building to a heavy single
• Dips/weighted dips, building to a heavy single
• Continued Handstand work for shoulder strength and stability development
• Barbell Clean technique and strength progression.
There is a big focus on developing upper body pressing strength this cycle! We are using a Headstand push-up progression, continuing work on the Military press as well as Dip/Weighted dip training.
All the heavy pushing will be balanced with Pull-up/Weighted pull-up work, as well as the usual mix of other pulling movements and shoulder structural balance work.
Last cycle we worked on increasing max reps for both strict chin-ups and dips. This cycle we will build on that base by keeping the reps low and increasing difficulty and/or adding weight to both movements.
Hip strength will be developed with Back squats, building up to a 3 RM test. We are also focusing on single leg strength and range of motion development with Single leg squats and Split squats. Deadlift work will continue, but we are keeping the reps higher and intensity lower this cycle.
A barbell clean progression continues the work we did last cycle, with more focus on technique as well as continued strength development.
In addition to the usual variety of metabolic work, we are going to focus on the CrossFit workout “Helen”. We will do the full workout 3 times in the next 10 weeks, it will also be broken down in several different variations, all aimed at improving your engine.